Car Rental in Antalya
Things to watch out for when renting a car in Antalya
Car rental may seem easy, but it is full of pitfalls. Caution should be taken when renting a car in Antalya. Not all car rental services have their customers’ interests at heart and therefore come up with dubious ways of making extra money from their clients. Most people end up losing trust in car rental services just because a few players have come up with means of winning the game even before it starts. Listed are some of the things you should watch out for when seeking car rental services in Antalya:
- Hidden fees: With the advent of the Internet, most car rental services have an online presence, and therefore clients can book cars online. Most people fail to read carefully through the booking agreement. The reservation agreement may comprise of small additional charges which when added up become very hefty. Some car rental services in Antalya have used this in a bid to extort money from their clients. With a watchful eye, you will avoid these unnecessary charges.
- Driving restrictions: Most car rental services in Antalya will not allow you to drive out of the Country. Driving on unpaved roads is also not allowed. Deviating from these restrictions will attract substantial penalties. These are written rules but not all car rental service providers will tell you of that they exist beforehand. The cars are fitted with trackers to monitor movements and mileage. It is, therefore, not easy to cheat.
- Maintenance: An automobile may look attractive from the outside, but it may have engine problems and other interior issues. It is important that you ask for a maintenance report before renting a car in Antalya. You can also do a random check yourself. Run the air conditioner, check fluid levels, and check the pressures and the condition of the tires. You could also request for a test drive during which you could test the car brakes.
- Previous damage: It is crucial that your contract cites existing damages to the car including damage to windshields, cracks, dents or scratches on the auto body. If the contract does not note existing faults in the car, check for them yourself to confirm. The random check will ensure that you are not short changed and blamed for the damages later on.
- Owner’s manual: Before renting a car in Antalya, make sure there is a copy of the owner’s manual in the car. This will save you trouble when you have an encounter with law enforcement agencies. You should also make sure that you know how to operate the headlights, windshield wipers, GPS, and the trunk and gas tank releases before renting a car.
- Spare keys: Make sure that you are renting a car that has spare keys. The car rental agency is supposed to provide you with the car’s spare keys. Younever know what might happen. Losing the only set of keys you are given is stressful especially in an unfamiliar area.